Friday, April 10, 2015

Dancing Nathan Portrait Preview

DawgArt and Bald is Beautiful Dog Rescue are teaming up to bring you the happiest of fundraisers. See the details here.

I'm so excited to share the progress images for Nathan's portrait! Now, for those of you who aren't artists, I'm going to share a little secret. There's a point in every painting that I like to call the ugly middles. Here are the steps in creating a piece:

1. This blank canvas is so blank. I'm going to fill it with a great painting.
2. This painting isn't looking so great.
3. This painting is definitely not great.
4. What was I thinking?
5. Maybe it will be okay.
6. This painting is great.

So any progress images I share are going to be at some point in that process. All the steps add up to something great, but along the way, it's not quite so impressive. Enjoy the process and when it's done, you'll be able to bid on one-of-a-kind paintings of Dancing Nathan to help raise money for Bald is Beautiful Dog Rescue!




No comments:

Post a Comment